We cry not only in sadness but sometimes in joy. Crying is the closest thing to us. From birth till death we cry for something. In this post you get to know about psychological facts about crying.
- Crying literally flushes unhealthy bacteria out of the human body, strengthening the immune system while relieving stress.
- Holding of tears and pretending to be OK puts lots of stress on our mind as well as on our heart. Crying keeps us healthy.
- Crying is how our body speaks when our mouth can’t explain the pain we feel.
- While crying from happiness the first tear will come from our right eye but if we are crying from sadness it will come from the left eye.
- people are more likely cry at night because lack of sleep makes emotions hard to control.
- A good cry makes us feel better.
- Women cry more than men.
- Babies average about 1 to 3 hours of crying every day.
- Researchers believe emotional tears may be evolutionary adaptation.
- Prolactin is a protein that affects the endocrine system, which may cause women to cry more often then men. Women have 60% more Prolactin in their body then men.
- Tears come from the lacrimal gland.
- Crocodile tears are real.
So therefore crying is good for mind and body health.