The heart is a muscular organ about the size of a fist, located just behind and slightly left of the breastbone. The heart pumps blood through the network of arteries and veins called the cardiovascular system. This all blablabla we know it! But there are some facts that we don’t know about our heart. In this article i’m going to reveal the facts as part by part……
- The average heart is the size of an adult fist.
- Your heart will beat about 115,000 times each day.
- The beating sound your heart makes is caused by the opening and closing of its valves.
- Each day, your heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood.
- If you were to stretch out your blood vessel system, it would extend over 60,000 miles.
- The human heart weighs less than one pound, but a man’s heart is typically two ounces heavier than a woman’s.
- A woman’s heart beats slightly faster than a man’s.
- There is such a thing as a broken heart. Symptoms are similar to a heart attack but the cause is usually stress and not heart disease.
- Laughing is good for your heart. It reduces stress and gives a boost to your immune system.
While these facts are meant to be light and fun, the most important thing to understand is how important it is to maintain proper heart health. By eating right and exercising, you can remain heart healthy. On my next article you can know some others facts that you don’t konw about the heart