- 2 Trout, Cleaned but head and tail on
- 1 Lemon
For the Tandoori Marinade:
- 30 g(1 oz) Ginger
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tbsp Flour
- 15 g (0.5 oz) Fresh Coriander
- 25 ml (1 fl oz) Cooking Oil
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 50 g (1.75 oz) Yogurt
- Add all of the ingredients for the tandoori marinade (except the yogurt) to a blender and add the zest of a whole lemon and the juice of half a lemon.
- Blitz to a fine paste.
- Cook this paste over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes and transfer to a bowl.
- When cooled add the yogurt and place in a bowl large enough to hold the fish.
- Make 3 or 4 deep slashes in the flash of the fish and rub in the marinade, including in the cavity and allow to sit for an hour.
- When your coals are hot, brush the grill plates with oil and add the fish in a fish cage over the direct heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 5 minutes.